Contract position: A Senior Estimator is needed for a world class utility company in the New Albany, OH area. This role is responsible for performing highly technical estimating evaluations for complex projects and outage activities in a safe, efficient and economical manner. No per diem available.Responsibilities for the Estimator
Requirements for the Estimator
- Develop or oversee the development of conceptual estimates for assigned projects; support the planning and engineering groups in the development of all levels of estimates; and collect and analyze close out benchmarking data.
- Interface with engineering, outage planning, project engineering/management, construction, plant personnel and project controls-scheduling to identify/initiate, scope, status and follow-up (if necessary) estimate efforts.
- This includes providing recommendations and guidance to interfacing groups/individuals regarding estimate approach and input requirements.
- Establish policies and procedures for allocating risk based contingency; monitor labor market trends; work closely with procurement to track equipment pricing trends; develop and analyze historical records of project costs; review and critique designs and specifications for cost effectiveness and suggests alternatives when appropriate.
- BS or BA Engineering, Construction Sciences, Engineering Technology equivalent discipline . A minimum of six years of estimating experience that includes cost estimating for heavy industrial/process, power generation and/or transmission.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.