Contract position: A Supplier Product Quality Development Engineer is needed for a rail transport company, active in the fields of passenger transportation, signalling and locomotives in the Henrietta, NY area. This role deploys Supplier Quality Assurance requirements in product & process development and warranty. No per diem available. Travel time expected: 50 to 60% of working time.Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer
Requirements for the Quality Engineer
- Responsible at tender phase to communicate and validate quality specifications and SPQD plan in anticipation with suppliers.
- Manages the SQS phase till the Business Award in coordination with sourcing, validate the relevant waivers. Performs SPQD plan by setting-up relevant actions plan all along the product / process development to reach Supplier FAI go on time.
- Applies the application of the DFQ process and validates each milestones. Responsible to perform the handover with SQA. Manages warranty issues linked to suppliers in collaboration with Project warranty responsible.
- Bachelor's Degree Electrical Engineering or engineering. 3+ years' experience in SQA , SPQD , Production management, engineering or industrial.
- Must have an understanding of technical interdependencie. Knowledge of quality tools ( problem solving tools, Quality Walls, etc.) required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.