Contract position: A Field Support Technician for an American multinational corporation specializing in Internet-related services and products is needed in the Los Angeles, CA area. This position will provide site survey support for OSP and ISP projects, as well as large space & power and/or equipment deployments. No per diem available. Up to 20% travel required. Responsibilities for the Field Service Technician
Requirements for the Field Service Technician
- Maintain the highest quality standards in all assigned data center locations and remote points of presence (POPs).
- Perform physical installation, repair, maintenance, and testing activities as directed with meticulous attention to driving and maintaining the highest quality standards in the telecommunications industry.
- Perform card adds or replacements, software upgrades, and associated testing. Perform site audits and reconcile data discrepancies in coordination with Network Surveillance and other groups as necessary.
- At least 3 years experience installing, testing, troubleshooting, and commissioning a wide variety of telecom/network equipment, including DWDM, and a myriad of routers and switches.
- Expertise with all telecommunications testing equipment from scopes and sources and power meters to the different OTDR, BER, and IP capable test sets.
- Experience with logical inventories like Netcracker or Granite, and the ability to read fiber or duct tables, CAD drawings, and blueprints required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.