Permanent position: A Rebuild Engineer is needed for a custom machinery company in Union City, GA (just south of Atlanta Airport). The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years experience in design of CAPEX machinery/equipment with strong knowledge of sheet metal and/or engine blocks. Ability to think strategically and reverse engineer machinery components to retrofit legacy equipment with modern designs to increase efficiency for clients. 3D CAD experience is a must, Inventor 3D is a plus. Please apply today.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Design Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Generates drawings for rebuilding of components for sheet metal machinery or equipment.
- Designs components and completes fabrication, weldment detail, assembly and repair instruction drawings.
- Communicates with field service technicians, fabricators, and service/sales teams.
- 10-15% Domestic travel may be required.
- Exhibits attention to detail and ability to apply engineering principles into designs.
- Must have Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, BSME or BSMET
- 5+ years experience with capital equipment, sheet metal forming or peening equipment is a strong plus.
- CAD skills: Must have AutoCAD 2D and Inventor 3D or similar experience.
- Medical, Dental, 401k, PTO, Long and Short Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.