Permanent position: A custom automation equipment manufacturing company in Metro Atlanta, GA is looking for an Application Engineer with 5+ years experience in mechanical or electrical engineering support in an automotive or capital equipment environment. Must have working knowledge of robotics, machine controls and manufacturing processes including assembly. Experience with 2D and 3D design tools is also a must. Salary is commensurate with experience. Please apply immediately.Responsibilities for the Application Engineer
Requirements for the Application Engineer
- Designs and develops conceptual proposals (drawings, pricing, etc) for custom automation equipment.
- Obtain and prepare detailed estimates of time, quantities, labor and material costs required for work areas such as; product design, testing, machine building, equipment installations and manufacturing processes.
- Supports all aspects of mechanical and electrical engineering to design custom automation systems for the automotive industry within tight deadlines.
- 25-30% travel may be required.
- 5 to 7 years experience in mechanical or electrical engineering support, preferably in an automative and or capital equipment environment.
- Must have a working knowledge of robotics, machine controls and manufacturing processes and be able to keep abreast of leading-edge technology.
- Extensive use of 2D and 3D design tools including AutoCAD, Solid Works (Solid Modeling), Pro-E and other tools, as well as spreadsheets.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Company sponsored benefits-medical,dental,vision,short-long term disabilities, 401k matching.
- 7% Bonus Potential
- Competitive salary depends on experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.