Contract position: A Buyer is needed for a rail transport company, active in the fields of passenger transportation, signalling and locomotives in the Hornell, NY area. Identify, qualify and select new suppliers in one or more of the following areas: Metallic, Electrical, Interiors or Sub-System Components. No per diem available. Responsibilities for the Buyer
Requirements for the Buyer
- Strong involvement and implementation of commodities strategy (or define it for specific segment). Manage some global supplier panel relationship ( FA, Partnership...)
- Responsible for commodity KPI's and legal supplier performance management. IE Contract negotiations. Operational sourcing responsibility on negotiation, cross sites/businesses bundling
- Create and implement savings Plan by leveraging Design to Cost, Leading competitive country, Volume discounts etc.
- Business Administration or Engineering degree required. Masters in purchasing preferred. CPIM/CPSM/CSCP preferred.
- Minimum of three years working experience in purchasing and/or sourcing. SAP experience preferred. Ability to read technical documents IE drawings required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.