Permanent position: Excellent heavy industry manufacturer in the Charleston area is looking for a hands on Corporate Project Engineer. Individual will be responsible for leading, engaging, and monitoring capital and continuous projects across 4 plants. 15% -20% domestic travel involved. Excellent growth opportunity. Hands on background. Excellent benefits: 401K , health, dental, vision;; vacation, holiday pay, bonus, and relocation paid if needed.Responsibilities for the Project Engineer
Requirements for the Project Engineer
- Lead and participate in Capital/Continuous Improvement Projects
- Travel minimally to 4 domestic US plants
- Implementation of Lean, Six Sigma, 5S and supporting programs
- Define improvement projects that align with business strategies
- Establish standardized guidelines and principles by utilizing continuous improvement methodology and creating an environment for never-ending improvement
- Coordinate and track activities, manage events, and drive daily and long-term lean initiatives/projects
- Bachelor's Degree Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years in in a Project Engineer role with demonstrated examples of optimization, cost savings, etc.
- Experience in heavy industry preferred (steel, paper, chemical, foundry)
- Lean, Six Sigma exp.
- Bonus, Relocation, Health, Dental, 401K etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.