Contract position: A Medical Device Development Engineer for is needed for a leader in electronics, healthcare, and lighting in the San Diego, CA area. This position will apply technical expertise to bring current and new products into Compliance with new EU Medical Device Regulations. No per diem available. No travel is required. 1st shift position: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Coordinate with Quality/Design Assurance to evaluate post-market data. Generating and maintaining technical drawings and detailed design documentation.
- Identify, optimize, and implement design/process changes on existing product and update Product DHF's to achieve compliance with Regulations.
- Generate test protocols, analyze test data, and generate written reports. Contribute to design documentation including input for the DHF and technical design reviews.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Plastics Engineering, or Biomedical Engineering is preferred.
- At least 5 years experience working in the medical device industry. Experience with Design Controls and Medical Device Regulations (MDD & MDR, preferably).
- Experience with creating and managing product DHF's (familiarity with electronic DHF's - ie Windchill preferred).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.