Contract position: Nationwide manufacturer of on-site power generation systems is looking for a Field Service Technician based out of the Boston, MA area. This position will be responsible to service surrounding area for installation, commissioning, scheduled and emergency service on this clients power generation systems. This is an 18 month long contract with a strong potential to convert to direct hire. Vehicle, laptop, phone and tools are provided. There will be two 4 week training programs in Sunnyvale, CA.Responsibilities for the Field Service Technician
Requirements for the Field Service Technician
- Performs start-up / commissioning, preventive maintenance and unscheduled maintenance
- Works closely with customers, technical support and engineering to resolve escalated problems
- Identify and analyze root causes of system inefficiencies or failure
- Maintains test equipment, calibration items, and other job related materials.
- Assist in system inspections
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma and 6+ years of relevant industry experience
- Electrical experience in any of the following: 3 phase systems, UPS (back-up power) systems, maintenance, electrical generation and distribution systems, power electronics, Automatic Transfer Switch Systems, and microprocessor based control platforms
- Strong Electro-Mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting/repair skills to include understanding of mechanical systems, piping, plumbing and valve operation
- Demonstrated experience with various test and measurement equipment, electrical codes and personnel safety products and procedures.
- Experience with performing equipment maintenance in accordance with ANSI/NETA standard for Electrical Power
- Willingness to work OT, Holidays and off shift hours as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.