Contract position: We are searching for a Quality Engineer in Jackson, MS to work at a leading manufacturing company. This is a contract position that is expected to last a year and could be longer. Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer
Requirements for the Quality Engineer
- Designing, developing, coordinating and deploying work instructions/procedures and associated process controls for the assigned HPWT
- Develops process improvements and cost control programs in their HPWT.
- Reviews customer/industry/internal specifications to ensure compliance with stated requirements.
- Leads formal problem solving for internal and external customers.
- Lead and/or provide technical advice and counsel to HPWT assigned to continuous improvement and problem solving.
- Lead corrective action process using 8D, 5 Why, A3, and lean tools.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited institution.
- 1+ year of Quality Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of assembly operations, gauging, and testing. Ability to read and understand Blue Prints, Specifications, and Requirements is preferred
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) is a plus
- Experience in performing Quality Audits is preferred
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in arms regulations. All applicants must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.