Engineering & Construction client involved in Oil & Gas plant EPC projects is looking for a Materials Engineer/Piping Engineer with 7-20 years of experience. You need to have some experience with pipe stress analysis, but the majority of your focus will be on the material selection and QA/QC guidelines for materials uses on gas plant (hydrogen gas plant experience preferred) EPC projects. This is a direct hire position in Houston, TX. Client offers excellent pay, benefits and relocation package. Responsibilities for the Piping Engineer
Requirements for the Piping Engineer
- Your main responsibility will be to confirm piping material selection for process piping related to Hydrogen, Natural Gas, and Ammonia production and purification EPC projects
- The primary focus areas for Piping Engineering are related to Piping Materials, Piping Stress Analysis and Piping Code Compliance, with the majority on the materials side
- Maintain up to date material and valve description databases
- Interface with Materials Controls system, to ensure correct commodity purchases and to approve any material substitution requests meet project and code requirements
- Work with Material Technology (QA/QC) to resolve any quality issues according to project and code requirements
- BS degree in Engineering needed. Mechanical, Materials, Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering preferred
- 7-20 years of experience as a Materials Engineer, or a Piping Engineer with a focus on materials selection, in support of gas processing, refinery and similar oil & gas EPC projects
- You need experience with piping material selection and QA/QC guidelines for materials used on gas plant EPC projects. As well as proficiency with ASME codes and International codes and standards.
- Specific experience supporting hydrogen gas plant EPC projects would be a big PLUS
- Any experience with computer based piping specification management software, such as Marian or Smart Plant Reference Data (SPRD) is a PLUS
- A working knowledge of material compatibility, NACE requirements, and metallurgical issues related to Hydrogen process plant projects would be a BIG PLUS
- Some experience performing pipe stress analysis using Caesar II software is preferred.
<Benefits for the Piping Engineer
- Full benefits
- Relocation package
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.