Permanent position: Maintenance Engineer or Maintenance Manager - Melt Shop EAF Mobile, AL The Mechanical Engineer primary focus is the continuous improvement of the mechanical systems Electrical Arc Furnace (EAF) and Argon Oxygen Decarburization (AOD) system. The engineer is responsible for defining opportunities for improvement, measuring the key parameters, analyzing the acquired data, implementing the chosen solution, and controlling the process to verify the implementation of the chosen solution. The engineer will use a variety of tools, in addition to their technical expertise, to improve the reliability and productivity of the Melt Shop. Monthly bonus paid Responsibilities for the Maintenance Engineer
Requirements for the Maintenance Engineer
- Identify opportunities to improve the safety, reliability and productivity of the EAF and AOD
- Work in concert with the Electrical and Process engineers to identify improvements, and implement, opportunities for improvement.
- Provide technical guidance and training to the mechanical maintenance and operating teams.
- Facilitate the identification and/or implementation of Best Practices and Continuous Improvement across all teams.
- Assist in the development of SOPs and Work Instructions
- Maintain environmental and safety compliance requirements.Identify safety hazards
- Previous experience in the melt shop
- Prefer at least 5 years' experience being responsible for the maintenance of an EAF, AOD or caster.
- Maintenance Engineering or Maintenance Management experience desired
- Computer proficient with Microsoft based programs. SAP experience preferred.
- English language proficiency.
- Excellent benefits
- relo assistance
- Monthly bonus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.