Permanent position: Mechanical Engineer, Durant, OK The primary role of the Mechanical Engineer is supporting manufacturing processes as well as develop and implement capital planning, construction, plant equipment design, procurement, and other essential functions of project management. The Mechanical Engineer will also provide input into planning and schedule preventative maintenance while keeping a safety first mindset in performing these and all other job responsibilities. This position will work primarily Monday through Friday on a day shift, with occasional weekend and night shifts when necessary. BSME preferred Company offers a lump sum relocation benefit of $25,000 for homeowners and $15,000 for renters. Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Responsible for the safe design, procurement, installation, and troubleshooting of the plant processing equipment, as well as facilitate production process improvement initiatives.
- Support production needs as necessary for equipment operation and reliability.
- Capital budgeting to include evaluating short and long term capital needs of facility, designing projects, writing project specifications, preparing project budgets, time lines, and procuring documentation for project components, and analyzing expected project benefits.
- Preparation of mechanical drawings, details, and performing field inspections.May coordinate activities between contractors and plant operations during construction projects.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Engineering required, with BSME preferred.
- 5-years of experience in manufacturing or other similar industry.
- Thorough understanding of preventive maintenance principles, technologies, and associated tools (prior certifications in Infrared Thermography and Vibration Analysis preferred).
- Computer skills: Outlook, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, computerized document management systems, internet, AutoCAD, Inventor, and SAP.
- Experience with finite element analysis software (FEA) is a plus.
- Technical skills: in depth understanding of machinery and maintenance techniques, ability to read blueprints and schematics, with strong mechanical aptitude.
- Project Management: Proven ability to work within project scope and budget.
- Full time role with excellent benefits
- Company offers a lump sum relocation benefit of $25k for homeowners and $15k for renters.
- Bonus eligible
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.