Contract position: A Measurements Technician for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science is needed in the Fort Worth, TX area. This position will provide technical support to the quality department by maintaining and developing quality processes, testing products, and recording and analyzing data during product development and manufacturing. No per diem is available. 5% travel is required. Overtime a possibility.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Technician
Requirements for the Mechanical Technician
- Verify conformance of products and/or processes using the correct measuring instruments, including fixed and variable gages and optical/laser/hard probe coordinate measurement systems.
- Program CMMs and similar state of the art measurement systems to inspect product relative to customer requirements and/or engineering specifications.
- Provide guidance and expertise in blueprint reading and interpretation of customer Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) requirements to production and management personnel.
- Associate's degree with at least 5 years of quality or engineering systems experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Strong knowledge in Mathematics, Trigonometry and Geometry. Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Gage R&R process. Knowledge using precision measuring instruments.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.