Contract position: Safety Technician needed for an opportunity in Toledo, OH. The Safety Technician will be responsible for maintaining the health and safety of the plant workforce by monitoring and evaluating conditions; assuring compliance with applicable policies, procedures and governmental standards; and maintenance of the Power Solutions Health, Industrial Hygiene and Safety Programs for the facility. Apply now for immediate consideration!Responsibilities for the Safety Specialist
Requirements for the Safety Specialist
- Develop and administer effective occupational health, safety, ergonomics and industrial hygiene programs.
- Educate, motivate and train line supervision and production personnel in good housekeeping practices, safe work procedures, PPE, etc.
- Assist in the administration of medical surveillance and biological monitoring programs according to OSHA standards and company policies and procedures.
- Administer the respiratory protection program, including quantitative fit testing, respirator distribution, cleaning and sanitizing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety/Industrial Hygiene or related field is preferred.
- At least 3 years of Industrial Safety experience is required.
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations and industry consensus standards (NFPA, ANSI, etc.).
- Prior use of Microsoft Office; ability to formulate reports, spreadsheets, charts and presentations.
- Competitive benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.