Contract position: A Buyer/Planner is needed for a diversified industrial manufacturer with market-leading brands serving customers in global commercial, industrial and residential markets located in the St. Paul, MN area. This position is responsible for monitoring the flow of buy items, guarantee availability of components in order to avoid material shortages and production downtime, as well as manage inventory levels to meet the customer service and inventory targets. No per diem available. No travel will be required. 1st shift. Responsibilities for the Buyer
Requirements for the Buyer
- Perform timely, cost-conscious procurement of production/inventory/MRO items. Receive and analyze requisitions to determine quantity, specifications and delivery requirements.
- Responsible for the on-boarding of new selected suppliers relative to material planning. Ensure up-to-date ABC classification is maintained for planning, and other key inputs into the PFEP process.
- Maintain proactive shortage identification and management - help flag root causes & corrective actions. Identify total cost and cash flow opportunities with suppliers.
- Bachelor's degree or at least 5 years of buyer/planner experience in a manufacturing setting. APICS (CPIM) or equivalent certification is preferred.
- Skilled in production and supplier scheduling. Knowledgeable of supplier processes and capabilities.
- Experience with rate based or flow line (non-MRP) and job shop manufacturing environments. Experience in operations, inventory management, MRP and lean manufacturing processes.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.