Contract position: A Vehicle Reliability Technician is needed for an American multinational corporation specializing in Internet-related services and products in the Mountain View, CA area. This position will diagnose, repair and replace a variety of often delicate components for a fleet of engineering vehicles. No per diem available. No travel is anticipated.Responsibilities for the Technician
Requirements for the Technician
- Repair and maintain the vehicles. Diagnose, repair and replace sensors, computers, custom electronics, and wiring harnesses.
- Use a computer to calibrate and update a collection of sensors/systems. Perform typical mechanical tasks including brake service items. oil changes, tire replacements, coolant service, AC recovery & recharge.
- Update work orders, spreadsheets, and reports to the appropriate teams. Work with cross-functional teams of engineers.
- At least 5 years of experience working as a technician in an automotive engineering environment.
- Prefer experience with instrumentation, fabrication, towing/hauling, and troubleshooting.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.