Permanent position: Industrial Projects Department Head / Engineering Manager - a national architecture and engineering firm is seeking a seasoned Department Head for their growing Industrial Projects team in Macon, GA. Qualified candidates will have 15+ years design and practice experience in a leadership role with an Industrial firm or multi-discipline A&E firm. Typical projects include Energy & Renewables, Minerals Processing, Petrochem, Plastics, Pulp & Paper, Terminals, & Bulk Material Handling.Responsibilities for the Engineering Manager
Requirements for the Engineering Manager
- Manage the day to day activity for the Industrial projects group, including hiring, professional development of department staff, internal communication within the company, project loading and workforce planning, performance reviews, etc.
- Monitor budget and schedule performance on individual projects and assign suitable skilled staff to project teams
- Participate in QA/QC project reviews and briefings
- BS Engineering Degree (BSME preferred) and 15+ years experience with an Industrial firm or multi-discipline A&E firm
- Substantial knowledge in one or more of the following areas: bulk material handling, process piping, conveyance equipment, dust collection, chute fabrication, tank/bin design, equipment platforms/catwalks, MSHA standards and other related industrial process design parameters is highly desired
- Demonstrated leadership experience required, including work load scheduling, performance reviews, budgets, hiring, professional development, internal communication, etc
- Generous benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, Short and Long term Disability, Paid Time Off, Aflac, Flexible benefits, and Legal Resources benefits are available
- Relocation assistance available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.