Contract position: A Commodity Manager is needed for a diversified industrial manufacturer with market-leading brands serving customers in global commercial, industrial and residential markets located in the Davidson, NC area. This role will support New Product Development Procurement teams execute programs at target quality, cost with preferred supplier selections on time. No per diem available. Up to 20% travel. Responsibilities for the Materials Manager
Requirements for the Materials Manager
- Identify and engage with internal stakeholders to capture commodity requirements and ensure supplier qualification and quality - partner with SBU engineering teams and plant personnel to successfully integrate equipment
- Responsible for executing detailed sourcing strategy: Accountable for execution of sourcing projects including RFx, NPD, continuous improvement, consolidation, etc.
- Responsible for defining negotiations strategy including supplier profiles, commercial negotiations targets, defining switching costs, and building Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years procurement sourcing experience, consulting, buyer, and/or analyst experience. Demonstrate competence in negotiating skills and assessing vendors.
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience coordinating, facilitating discussions, consultation and conflict resolution skills. Indirect Sourcing experience, including working with Capital Equipment provider in the industrial manufacturing segment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.