Contract position: An Mechanical Engineer is needed for a multinational automotive corporation in the Portland, OR area. The main function of a mechanical engineer is to research and investigate the design, functionality and maintenance of mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes. No per diem available. No travel required.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Design and detail vehicle components and systems. Interface with Engineering Analysis personnel to determine the most effective and economic materials to be used in product systems and components.
- Interface with Test & Development personnel to identify and analyze problems encountered in prototype development and testing. Provide creative technically feasible solutions.
- Evaluate state of the art developments in the vehicle industry and apply the latest advances. Apply statistical and engineering techniques in designing and testing.
- Use programming and modeling techniques in conjunction with mathematical analysis.
- Extensive Siemens/NX experience required (at least 1 year of working experience).
- MS degree or BS degree in mechanical engineering (or similar i.e. automotive or aerospace engineering), or commensurate work experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in product engineering design areas required. Ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.