Contract position: A manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science is seeking a Controls Engineer in the Harrodsburg, KY area. This is a 9 month CONTRACT position, with the possibility of extension. No relocation assistance is available.Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Focus on rebuilding, continuous improvement, and cost reduction projects as well as first generation projects for the Harrodsburg plant. Projects will involve software and electrical power solutions.
- Provide electrical & controls support for the production processes
- Daily production support involving troubleshooting, problem solving and working with the equipment maintenance organization
- BS Degree (EE or Electrical Engineering Technology) and 5+ years of discrete automation experience OR AS Degree and 7+ years of experience
- Proficient with PLC, HMI and Motion Programming, low voltage power systems (600V and below)
- Familiarity with programming in ladder logic or equivalent (#1 Manager must have)
- Fanuc robot TP programming / setup, experience with PLC / HMI / Motion Programming - Rockwell, Mitsubishi or GE Proficy, and TUV certification in machine safety a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.