Permanent position: Growing manufacturer is seeking a permanent Engineering Manager. This position is located near Rockford, Illinois and is open due to internal succession planning. The Engineering Manager will focus on lean, continuous improvement, and capital projects dealing with equipment installation (ideally CNC machines or similar machining equipment). Experience with gears is a big PLUS! The salary range is commensurate with experience, up to $115K plus an option for a 10% bonus. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.Responsibilities for the Engineering Manager
Requirements for the Engineering Manager
- Advance Process Planning, customer specifications review, and prepare process routings for new parts
- Prepare operation drawings for major process steps such as turning, machining center and grinding using GibbsCAM for programming, and SolidWorks
- Work with setup people and manufacturing engineers on setups for smooth start to yield stable processes
- Work on APQP and PPAP by working with Quality Engineer in developing Control Plan, FMEA, selection of gauging, inspection technique, etc.
- Continuous Improvement of existing processes by utilizing latest technologies available
- BS in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent preferred
- 5 years of experience in metal cutting, gear manufacturing experience is coveted
- Prior precision machining experience is required
- Full-time, permanent position
- Salary range is dependent on experience ranging up to $115k, plus up to a 10% performance bonus
- 401k Match, Healthcare Benefits, Dental, Vision, etc.
- Relocation assistance is provided
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.