Permanent position: Growing manufacturer is seeking a permanent Manufacturing Engineer. This position is located near Rockford, Illinois. The Manufacturing Engineer will support the plant floor manufacturing operations as well as assist with tooling and fixture design. This position will also focus on capital improvement projects utilizing lean and continuous improvement methodologies. The salary range is commensurate with experience ranging from $75K to $95K. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Assist with machining and manufacturing for daily troubleshooting of machinery
- Oversee tooling design - participate in selection of suppliers for outside processes and tooling
- Assist with APQP process for existing product and new product lanuches
- Utilize lean methodologies for updates to current or replacement equipment
- BS in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent preferred
- 3+ years of experience in a machining environment, i.e. cnc, metal cutting, gear manufacturing experience is a plus
- Strong background in lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, and process improvements
- Strong background with tooling and fixtures
- Full-time, permanent position
- Salary range is dependent on experience ranging up to $95K
- 401k Match, Healthcare Benefits, Dental, Vision, etc.
- Relocation assistance is provided
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.