Contract position: Mechanical Machine Designer opportunity with a client located approximately 30 minutes South of the Allentown, PA area. Working in a small team this position will be responsible to work from detailed concepts, sketches and notes to create drawings using SolidWorks and AutoCAD for new and existing manufacturing machines, tooling and fixtures.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Designer
Requirements for the Mechanical Designer
- Prepare working plans and detail drawings of machines, parts, fixtures and tooling
- Working with minimal supervision to designing and troubleshooting complex mechanical functions
- Work with the team lead and machine builders to design, and coordinate the integration of machinery and equipment into manufacturing processes
- Other duties as assigned
- Approximately 7 or more years experience with manufacturing machine design or similar.
- Expert knowledge of SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Demonstrated experience to work with minimal supervision to create drawings using SolidWorks and AutoCAD for new and existing manufacturing machines, tooling and fixtures from detailed concepts, sketches and notes
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.