Permanent position: Industry leading general contractor is seeking a construction Safety professional for a direct opportunity in the Raleigh, NC area. This position is responsible for helping to execute safety strategy and zero incident culture and monitoring daily construction activities for compliance with OSHA and company rules and regulations. Qualified candidates will have 5+ years of safety experience on large ($100 million and above) construction projects and formal OSHA 500 safety training as well as additional safety training and certifications listed below. This is a salaried position and does not include overtime or per diem. Excellent company culture, benefits and room to grow! Relocation assistance offered for non-local candidatesResponsibilities for the Safety Specialist
Requirements for the Safety Specialist
- Assist with executing on safety strategy and zero incident policy
- Monitor daily construction activities to ensure compliance with OSHA and company rules and regulations
- Teach onsite safety classes including fall protection, excavation & confined space as well as others when necessary
- 5-10 years of construction safety experience on major construction projects $100 million and above
- Formal safety training including OSHA 500
- Training/certifications for scaffolding, crane management, steel erection, emergency response, fall management, excavation, confined space, rigging, hazardous waste, NFPDS/erosion control.
- Excellent communication/ability to work collaboratively with all levels of construction project
- Medical, PTO, 401k Company outings and advanced training, wellness
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.