Contract position: Electronics Engineering Technician needed for worlds largest manufacturer of industrial automation and information solutions at their lab in Milwaukee, WI. This person will be performing functions associated with all manufacturing operations and testing for a wide variety of electro-mechanical assembly operations. This position performs functions associated with manufacturing testing, including working with engineers to set up the system project for test as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies.Responsibilities for the Test Technician
Requirements for the Test Technician
- Performs continuity and functional testing verify operation as designed per established standard workmanship and operating procedures. .
- Records results, deficiencies or variances accurately against test process checklist.
- Performs adjustments and reworks as needed to meet functional design, quality and customer specifications.
- Serves as a leader and trainer of others in the area of functional testing of electro-mechanical assemblies of control systems and drive systems, as well as the manufacturing assembly and wiring of the control and drive systems.
- Requires knowledge of low and high voltage AC and DC power and controls circuits and their operation, AC and DC drive and motor control theory and operation
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair boards to the component level
- Previous experience with using measuring equipment including digital and analog test instruments, and meters, oscilloscopes etc.
- Associates degree in Electronics or related
- Experience performing tests on new products
- Contractor benefits available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.