Permanent position: Senior process Automation Engineer needed in Houston Texas. This person will work with a team to implement automated programming and processes that will drive the successful execution of strategic growth. This Engineer will develop, define and implement instrumentation and control strategies around automation. This person needs to have a balance of hands-on engineering skills as well as an ability to think strategically and use leadership expertise. Responsibilities for the Automation Engineer
Requirements for the Automation Engineer
- Be responsible for working with both internal and external resources to define, develop, engineer, and implement the project and scope of work established
- Technology Planning and Development of Engineering Standards and Work Processes to ensure ROI and maximize Reliability and Maintainability
- Process automation expert in multiple areas/processes, particularly in problem solving and troubleshooting
- Familiar with commercial aspects of control system upgrades and service contracts
- Take an active role with process automation industry trade groups to gain best practice guidance
- Complete project scopes to hand off to capital for estimating. This includes P&ID markup, PFD development, writing of process control narratives
- 5+ years in chemical, petrochemical or other process industries related to process automation.
- Bachelor of Science (or higher) degree in Chemical or Electrical Engineering
- Extensive DCS (or BPCS) experience/proficiency is required
- DeltaV experience is required
- Understanding of the Safety Lifecycle as it relates to Safety Integrated Systems (SIS) and ISA 84
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.