Permanent position: Engineering & Construction client involved in designing and building heavy industrial plants mainly in the oil & gas sectore, is looking for a Project Manager for their Construction division. This is a corporate office based job that supports the field construction efforts & activities. Experience supporting refinery, petrochem, chemical process or any oil & gas type EPC project is preferred. *** salary is commensurate with experience ***Responsibilities for the Project Manager
Requirements for the Project Manager
- Your main responsibility will be to provide support to your field construction team by working out of the corporate office and interfacing with internal engineering & construction departments as well as site subcontractors on heavy industrial plant EPC projects
- Define & create the scope of work for the construction of a project as well as determining the requirements to execute the construction portion
- Visit the construction site monthly to add additional support to the field construction team as well as solve any problems with site subcontractors
- Assist in the gathering of Project Specific Documents as required and help develop a complete bid package for subcontractors
- Provide an in depth review of the bid documents to ensure that the selected subcontractors have full understanding of the Scope of Work
- Participate in evaluation and negotiation of the bids received and make recommendations for the selection of a subcontractor.
- Help lead the Construction Project Team and facilitate the communication and interaction among the internal & external functional representatives
- Participate in the Kick-off meeting to review and agree on the respective Scope of Work, special requirements, schedule, and budget.
- Prepare monthly reports & updates (and possible presentations) for the Construction Site manager, Project Manager, and the Customer
- You need 10-15+ years of engineering & construction experience supporting heavy industrial plant construction projects valued at $25+ million
- You need at least 5 years of site construction experience on these heavy industrial construction projects ideally as a Construction Manager, Construction Supervisor, Construction Engineer, Project Engineer or Field Engineer
- You need enough site construction experience to create a complete construction scope of work on an EPC project
- You need experinece providing support to the project subcontractor bid, review & selection process
- You need experience interfacing and collaborating with subcontractors on construction projects in order to ensure the construction is being performed according to the project standards
- You need to be proficient with generating documents, reports and presentations by yourself using Excel, Word & Power Point
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Any experience developing proposals & managing the proposal process specifically for the construction portion of large heavy industrial plant EPC projects is a PLUS
- Full Benefits
- Relocation Package
- Excellent Pay
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.