Permanent position: Leading Medical Device Manufacturer is seeking a Research and Development Engineer in South Florida. The Engineer will have the responsibility and authority to apply education and learned knowledge toward developing world class medical products. Designs, develops, analyzes, troubleshoots and provides technical skills during research and/or product development. Relocation/mobilization assistance included for qualified candidates. Responsibilities for the R&D Engineer
Requirements for the R&D Engineer
- Generate product design concepts & improvements, prototype builds, pre-clinical evaluations, and transfer of product to manufacturing.
- Apply Mechanical Engineering knowledge to the design and development of medical devices.
- Develop test protocols/methods to evaluate long-term performance of implant.
- Design and fabricate test fixtures or systems to evaluate device function.
- Perform data analysis (statistical and practical) and develop appropriate action plans based upon such analysis
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering is preferred, other Engineering degrees considered with relevant experience.
- Previous R&D experience in the medical device industry
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant engineering experience to include exposure to design of experiments, specification development, and prototyping
- Knowledge of FEA and failure analysis.
- Solidworks proficiency highly preferred. Other software considered.
- Company sponsored Benefits package
- 401K with company match
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.