Contract position: Manufacturing Engineer needed at leading aerospace manufacturer located in Jacksonville, FL. Must have aerospace manufacturing assembly experience. Really need someone with experience dealing with aerospace structures. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Directs the Manufacturing Engineering responsibilities within the Cells to which he is assigned.
- Provides the Mfg. Eng. direction required to support the Non-Recurring, Sustaining, Planning and Tooling coverage, Lean and Cost Improvement effort participation needed in all Assigned Cells.
- Provides the direction to other Mfg. Eng. personnel assigned to these Cells. Works effectively with the various Production Managers, Cell Leaders, functional and customer representatives to ensure the overall success of the production effort.
- Use blueprints and applicable specifications to determine inspection requirements.
- Prepare inspection summary sheets, First Article Inspections (FAI) and provide instructions for use.
- Cultivates and Supports Lean Activities, Cellular Standardization and Continuous Improvement practices throughout, using the various tools and methods
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical field required
- 5+ years of experience in aerospace manufacturing assembly environment
- Experience with aerospace structures strongly desired
- Must be able to read moderate to complex blueprints, technical drawings, bills of material, assembly instructions utilized to build units, assemblies and/or machine parts.
- Comprehensive benefit package
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.