Engineering client is looking for an Entry to Mid Level Drafter for a 6+ month contract to direct hire assignment in Phoenix, AZ. You need 0-5 years of drafting experience in any discipline, but ideally electrical or structural. You need to be local or within a commutable distance to Phoenix. There is a lot of growth and upward mobility with this position. so if you are "career minded" this is the opportunity for you.Responsibilities for the Drafter
Requirements for the Drafter
- Provide electrical, civil and/or structural drafting support for high voltage, electrical substation projects and electric T&D projects
- Revise existing drawings and preparing new drawings of basic electrical components & structures related to substation designs
- Prepares non-routine drawings with complex features using information from rough sketches, detailed engineering notes or brief verbal guidance
- 0-5 years of experience as a Drafter, ideally electrical or structural
- You must be proficient with AutoCAD 2014 design software
- Any experience with MicroStation V8i is considerd a big PLUS
- Specific drafting experience supporting electrical substation design projects is a PLUS
- You need either a High school diploma and course work in drafting technology or a specialized CAD certification or an Associate's degree in computer aided drafting and design
- You need to be motivated and a self starter willing to learn the electric T&D industry
<Benefits for the Drafter
- PTO Program
- Health Insurance available, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.