Permanent position: Packaging Development Engineer needed for a amazing opportunity in the Buffalo, NY area with a high growth company. The Packaging Development Engineer will be responsible for putting into operation and service advanced and complex principles of packaging technology and engineering involving the independent initiation, execution and implementation of technical packaging designs for drug products on large scope projects. Apply now for immediate consideration!Responsibilities for the Packaging Engineer
Requirements for the Packaging Engineer
- Works cooperatively with the department Supervisor/Manager to establish and coordinate project priorities and upon occasions supervises other packaging engineering activities for special projects.
- Applies acquired packaging technology skills to manage projects to a successful conclusion in regard to cost, schedule and performance, applying the most appropriate technology and packaging concepts, to meet and/or exceed company objectives.
- Represents the Packaging Development department on new product development teams, prepares CMC documentation for NDA and ANDA product submissions, and reviews documents from other engineers prior to submission to Regulatory Affairs.
- Assists and supports department Supervisor/Manager in establishing project priorities by functioning as a minimally supervised project manager and team leader for high profile Packaging Development projects
- Actively develops and applies new project management skills compatible with the changing packaging technology environment.
- Efficiently coordinates, communicates, and provides essential Packaging Development project information, activities, and technical assistance to Product Development, Marketing, Manufacturing, Materials Management, Quality Assurance, and Purchasing in a timely manner without becoming the critical path.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (Packaging or mechanical engineering preferred).
- Certified Packaging Engineer desirable but not required
- 5-10 years engineering experience, including experience with FDA regulations, medical, drug and device products.
- Pharmaceutical or medical diagnostic industry knowledge desired.
- Proficient in pharmaceutical and combination product container closure systems including the following: vial/stopper/seal, SVP and LVP prefilled bags, prefilled syringes.
- Excellent benefits package and relocation assistance available! Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.