Permanent position: Multifamily / Hospitality / Commercial Construction Superintendent / Construction Supervisor needed for a direct hire career opportunity based in Miami, FL. Well respected and growing custom specialty construction materials fabricator is seeking an experienced Construction Superintendent / Construction Supervisor for a direct hire career opportunity based in south Florida. Candidate will manage a team of 6-7 Field Project Managers who oversee multiple on-going projects for installation of cabinet, casework & counter tops in a multi-unit environment. This position requires up to 50% travel - primarily in the state of Florida.Responsibilities for the Construction Superintendent
Requirements for the Construction Superintendent
- Candidate will manage a team of 6-7 Field Project Managers who oversee multiple on-going projects for installation of cabinet, casework & countertops in a multi-unit environment
- Work to improve installation process by creating efficiencies through sub buy-outs, installation certification program, error reduction and quality improvements in installation
- Attend project meetings for multiple sites (usually 30 to 50 individuals present)
- Administer compliance and proper adherence to process and installation standards of sub- contractors and installers in their assigned projects
- 10+ years of work experience in multi-family, institution, hotel, or similar construction projects in a leadership role
- Supervisory experience required - candidate must have proven experience managing a team on various ongoing project sites.
- Working experience dealing with sub-contractors from all trades
- General Contractor's license is highly desirable
- 50% travel required - primarily for projects in Florida, but could be national as projects require
- Holiday pay, PTO, medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401 (K) with company match
- Client prefers local candidates to south Florida, but some relocation assistance would be available for highly qualified candidates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.