Contract position: GIS Technician opportunity with a client located in the downtown Birmingham, AL area. Must have experience using ESRI GIS software for mapping and updating of data in a geospatial database. This is a very long term contract role with a large, stable company. Apply now!Responsibilities for the GIS Technician
Requirements for the GIS Technician
- Using GIS for data entry, processing, and maintenance of Distribution data in accordance with Power Distribution Technology work procedures
- Data entry using GIS
- Some knowledge of AutoCad is a Plus
- Demonstrated ability to learn about power distribution systems and equipment
- Highly desirable to have attained a GIS or CAD certificate from a recognized institution or have several years of proven experience in the GIS / CAD field
- PTO-1 week for the first year, then 2 weeks until the 5 year mark. 10 additional paid holidays after the first year.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.