A Controls Technician for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science is needed in the Painted Post, NY area. This position will serve as an Electrical Controls resource for the troubleshooting of production equipment in the Finishing area of the Diesel Manufacturing facility. No per diem is available. No travel will be required. 1st shift, Monday-Friday. OT available on a case by case basis. Off-shift support will occasionally be required.Responsibilities for the Controls Technician
Requirements for the Controls Technician
- Test and debug electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems associated with automated process machines and material handling systems within the facility.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with engineering, operations and maintenance groups to provide controls support for engineering and operation follow-ups.
- Machine support includes but not limited to safety controllers, PLCs/PACs, HMIs, robots, motion control, measurement systems, instrumentation, and material handling systems.
- Associate's degree in electrical engineering or equivalent. At least 3 years of relevant experience supporting automated equipment running in a production environment.
- Fundamental understanding of electrical design practices, machine / motion control systems, electro-mechanical systems, programming, and system integration.
- Prefer experience with Fanuc Robot Experience, Allen-Bradley PLC/PAC, motion control, VFD and safety hardware.
<Benefits for the Controls Technician
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.