Contract position: We are searching for a Buyer in Troy, IL to work at a leading manufacturing company. This is a contract position expected to last about 5 months and could be longer. Responsibilities for the Buyer
Requirements for the Buyer
- Responsible for supplier selection, negotiation, purchase order placement and follow-up for assigned commodities.
- Managing inventory mix and volume for his/her assigned commodities to meet or exceed customer service and inventory efficiency targets.
- Plan, release and revise purchase orders in response to demand signals via MRP, kanban, requisition or other means.
- Confirm scheduled receipts to ensure on time delivery to meet operational requirements.
- Monitor supplier performance using the supplier scorecard as a tool to drive continuous improvement in quality, delivery and cost.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, business or related field
- 1+ year of Buying experience within a manufacturing environment
- ISM CPSM certification is preferred
- Lean supply chain management experience a plus
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.