Contract position: A Logistics Planning Engineer is needed for a multinational automotive corporation in the Detroit, MI area. The Logistics Planning Engineer will assist with the relocation of current 3rd party warehouse inventory and processes from a current smaller location to a larger location. No per diem available. Weekdays 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Responsibilities for the Logistics Engineer
Requirements for the Logistics Engineer
- The position will also design and implement logistics processes to launch future product lines at the 3rd party warehouse and drive continuous improvement design to existing processes.
- Develop line side material delivery strategy and warehouse layouts. Develop and execute inventory transfer planning strategies to close current 3PL warehouse and satellite warehouse locations.
- Monitor project launch schedule; ensure tasks are completed on time; escalate past due items. Create parts sequence method and standardizing across all product variants.
- Bachelors Degree (Engineering, Supply Chain, or other Business Related Degree)
- 2+ years of experience within Transportation (examples: logistics planning, or material flow) required. 2+ years of experience designing and analyzing manufacturing process maps required.
- Project management experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.