Contract position: Racine area high volume manufacturer seeks a Shift Manager for 2nd shift for a 60+ day assignment to cover a medical leave. There is a high probability that this role will be extended and/or become contract to hire. Responsibilities for the Shift Manager
Requirements for the Shift Manager
- Improve the operations effectiveness, as measured by safety, quality, productivity and communications goals, by working with various departments.
- Create and maintain a work environment that promotes employee engagement and continuous improvement, where all employees are treated fairly and consistently.
- Plan and direct cross-functional work activities to ensure execution of production priorities to include machine maintenance, manufacturing engineering, and quality assurance.
- Analyze manufacturing problems. Recommend changes to improve production methods, equipment performance, and product quality.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area to decrease potential safety hazards with emphasis on 5S+1 principles.
- Bachelor's Degree in manufacturing processes, engineering, or related technical field and a minimum five years of supervisory experience; or a minimum of 9 years of related work experience including five years of supervision experience.
- Good understanding of production processes and equipment.
- Strong orientation toward safety, quality, customer service and continuous improvement
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.