Permanent position: Leading Orthopedic medical device company is searching for a Sr. Product Development Engineer near Naples, FL. The candidate will need experience and be responsible for full life cycle development of medical devices, which includes initiation, design, development, execution, and product maintenance. The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of joint anatomy. Relocation included for qualified candidates. Responsibilities for the Product Design Engineer
Requirements for the Product Design Engineer
- Designs components or functional systems, and modifies existing designs to develop or improve products and facilitate manufacturing operations.
- Leads multi-functional new product project teams, as assigned by Engineering Manager, through project technical feasibility analysis, initiation, planning, execution, and termination, adhering closely to project timeline and budget.
- Provides Regulatory department technical support for assigned projects as needed.
- Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Supports surgeon and distributor customers by training and/or educating on technical aspects of assigned products as needed.
- Supports Manufacturing to provide processing improvements.
- BS Degree Mechanical, Biomedical, Electrical or Software Engineering. MS Preferred
- 7+ years in product development and design within the medical device industry.
- Proficiency in designing products using a 3D-CAD program.
- Working knowledge of joint anatomy highly preferred.
- Knowledge of orthopedic surgery principles, theories, and products preferred.
- Comprehensive benefits package included
- 401K with company match
- Relocation available for qualified candidates.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.