Permanent position: A Senior Electrical Engineer is needed for an exciting opportunity at a leading designer and manufacturer of motorized and automated systems in the Long Island City, NY area. The ideal candidate will have their BSEE and 7+ years of experience in hardware and firmware design and support of microcontroller-based electronics. Must have experience with Microprocessor Hardware Control Electronics using 8/32-bit ARM based processors, as well as software and hardware debugging experience using emulators and Oscilloscopes. Apply now for immediate consideration!Responsibilities for the Senior Electrical Engineer
Requirements for the Senior Electrical Engineer
- Working on projects involving product research and development, product test, manufacturing support, phone and field-based customer/installation support
- Designing and troubleshooting digital electronics and communication electronics down to the chip level
- Designing and troubleshooting analog electronics for line voltage power supply circuits (linear and switching), low voltage power supply circuits, low voltage analog electronics for data acquisition and sensor instrumentation, and embedded communications circuitry
- Working cross-functionally with the Engineering teams, and providing mentorship to junior staff
- 7+ years experience in hardware and firmware design and support of microcontroller-based electronics
- Real time embedded systems development experience (RTOS, Linux, etc.)
- Experience with Microprocessor Hardware Control Electronics using 8, 16 & 32-bit ARM based processors
- Software and hardware debugging experience using emulators, Oscilloscopes, etc.
- Familiarity designing for certifications such as UL, CSA, ETL, FCC, CE, etc.
- Able to oversee PCB development and familiar with PCB layout design
- Wireless experience is a plus (WiFi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, etc.)
- Competitive compensation package
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.