Contract position: A Transmission Technical Writer is needed for a world class utility company in the New Albany, OH area. This role is responsible for providing the Transmission Business Operations Programs organization with the highest quality documentation of processes and systems. No per diem available.Responsibilities for the Technical Writer
Requirements for the Technical Writer
- Business Process mapping utilizing Visio. Assists in the editing of documents for spelling, grammar, content accuracy, readability, and consistency.
- Assists or independently prepares and updates documentation plans. Prepares outline of content and written text. Coordinates layout and organization of manuals and other documents.
- Ability to organize moderate to complex technical topics from various sources into one cohesive document. Researches, develops, reviews and coordinates new procedures and changes to existing procedures.
- Coordinates with other departments & organizations during procedure development and revision process. Establishes procedure revision guidelines, procedure standards, and procedure writing guidelines.
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, or a four year technology degree with emphasis in technical communication, or related field experience. 3+ years related experience.
- Experience in the Electric Utility industry is highly preferred. Excellent technical communication skills which include writing and editing are a must.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Visio. Knowledge of topic based documentation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.