Permanent position: Controls engineer needed for a second shift position located in Auburn Hills. This is a Tier 1 automotive enviorment in a heavily automated facility. Experience with welding robots is desired. Salary will be based on expeirence.Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Ensure up to date backups for PLC's, HMI's and any other digital controller in the plant.
- Maintain awareness of existing and emerging technologies in PLC, Robots, and instrumentation and computer systems
- Assisting in developing of PM strategies and identify areas of improvement within the control system infrastructure
- Provide training and guidance to maintenance personnel related to control systems.
- Know the operating instructions for all equipment and processes where you are assigned. Know the pre start-up inspection process, hazards, protective measures, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements, start and stop procedures and equipment limitations.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLCs
- Experience with Fanuc Welding robots.
- Resistance Welding cells and Assembly lines.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.