Contract position: A Capacity Planning Operations Technician for an American multinational corporation specializing in Internet-related services and products is needed in the Sunnyvale, CA area. This position will help plan and design infrastructure behind the company's powerful search technology as well as recognize process inefficiencies and suggest improvements. No per diem available. No travel required. Responsibilities for the Operations Technician
Requirements for the Operations Technician
- Analytics and problem solving with attention to detail within networking and data center power domains.
- Utilize capacity management tools for space, power, cooling, and networking to integrate new IT equipment into data center environments.
- Perform cable length calculations within AutoCAD following defined routing schemes.
- At least 1 year of work experience in IT. Working knowledge of AutoCAD. Familiarity with fiber optic cable specifications. Prefer a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Some familiarity with computer hardware and the physical layer of computer networking (not required to be a deep expert).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.