Contract position: Engineering client involved in power plant engineering projects is looking for an Electrical, Mechanical or Piping Designer for a long term contract assignment (with a great chance of turning into a direct hire position) in Phoenix, AZ. You need 3-15 years of relevant experience supporting industrial or heavy industrial plant projects. You need to be local or within a commutable distance to downtown Phoenix. Responsibilities for the Designer
Requirements for the Designer
- Your main responsibility will be to support the client's existing Design team in support of power plant capital projects by updating & modifying existing designs
- You will be picking up red line drawing related to P&ID's, electrical one line and three line diagrams
- You will need to research & locate older designs in an effort to help the Engineering group finish out projects
- You may be required to make site visits to these power plant project sites to conduct walk downs, perform inspections and document relevant information on the piping systems
- You will need to be trained on the client's engineering drawing database
- 3-15 years of experience as a Designer (Electrical, Mechanical or Piping) supporting industrial or heavy industrial plant engineering & construction projects
- You must be proficient with AutoCAD design software
- Any experience visiting project sites to perform walkdowns and to work through any design issues you may be having would be a PLUS
- PTO Program
- Health Insurance available, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.