Contract position: A Drafting/CAD Technician for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science is needed in the Painted Post, NY area. This position will work with design team, fabricators, and other groups to get items created, and manufactured that will be used either to repair, or improve company production assets. No per diem is available. No travel is required. 1st shift. Limited Overtime.Responsibilities for the CAD Drafter
Requirements for the CAD Drafter
- Responsible to ensure line performance meets goals daily. Guarantee that mechanical issues are identified, and repaired quickly and effectively.
- Complete mechanical design, and drawings. Work with vendors to quote designs, and get items built to specification. Work with skilled trades to ensure that repairs are effective and appropriate.
- Work with project teams to analyze, and improve process, and mechanical systems.
- Need to be able to utilize Solid Works, and AutoCAD to design components, and small assemblies.
- Excellent Verbal and Written Skills. Strong Mechanical Aptitude. Design Experience, to include drawing packages. Data acquisition and analysis experience.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office, Solid Works, AutoCAD, and an understanding of PLC logic.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.