Contract position: A QA/QC Technician is needed for a manufacturer of optics products in the Norwalk, OH area. This position will process customer complaints and aid in the accumulation and evaluation of engineering data required for quality improvement projects. This position will also be responsible for evaluating customer complaints and documenting information into a database. No per diem available. No travel anticipated. Responsibilities for the QA/QC Technician
Requirements for the QA/QC Technician
- Conduct product inspections/evaluation on instruments returned by customer. Enter relevant data and assessment findings in to PLM complaint system.
- Conduct random final product audits to ensure compliance to design performance specifications.
- Report abnormal observations to the value stream Team Leader and Quality Engineer. Interface with Management and operators providing feedback on Quality issues.
- High school diploma or Associate's degree is required. SQ certified mechanical inspector (CMI) and/or certified quality technician (CQT) certification is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprint/product specifications. Technical training and experience in geometric dimensioning & tolerancing.
- Working knowledge of measurement concepts (accuracy, precision, rounding, calibration). Working knowledge of statistics and statistical applications.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.