Permanent position: CONTROLS DESIGN ENGINEER opportunity at a well-established manufacturing firm near Georgetown, KY. You will have the opportunity to work on variety of new automation design projects, each customized for customer applications. You will be responsible to develop electrical controls systems design for custom applications. This will include design of electrical schematics and control panels, PLC programming and system debugging. You'll be involved in each project from initial design, through manufacture of systems, testing and debugging, installation and customer training. Domestic travel up to 25%. Includes relocation. Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Responsible for the electrical design and programming of programmable logic controllers, HMIs, robots, and Vision systems
- Design automation systems for customer specs, including electrical schematics , control panel design, PLC programming and system testing and debugging.
- Involvement with the installation of equipment and systems, debugging and training at customer sites
- Support manufacturing, and validation of systems which include pneumatics, servos, VFD's, relays, communication networks, touchscreens, pushbuttons and robotic integration
- Create customer documentation such as user manuals, programming diagrams, network diagrams, and electrical drawings
- Will consider electrical education from ANY of: BSEE, ASEE, OR hands on compensating Maintenance experience such as combination of controls technician, maintenance technician, OEM experience, or trade school
- (5+) years work-related experience required A PLUS if in automotive industry. Minimum 2+ years experience developing electrical designing using 2D CAD
- A PLUS to have experience designing, programming, and debugging of multiple brands of PLC control systems and HMI's with AS A PLUS Toyopuc, and Allen-Bradley experience.
- Salary in range shown based on extent of qualifdications
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Growth opportunity with a solid growing firm
- Interesting variety of projects encourages creativity
- Relocation assistance for the right candidate
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.