Contract position: A Mechanical Engineer is needed for a 1+ year contract opportunity in the Framingham, MA area. The ideal candidate will hold their BSME and have 6+ years experience in the mechanical design and development of high volume consumer electronics products, specifically in an ODM (Original Design Manufacturer) facility. Must have strong experience in 3D CAD tools; Unigraphics NX experience is preferred. Must have experience working with metal forming, plastic part design for injection molding, and Design for Manufacturing/Assembly (DFM/A). Apply now for immediate consideration!Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Planning, developing, coordinating, and directing product development activities for mid-sized products; achieving results by directing others and through own actions
- Driving development of complex parts, sub-assemblies, and/or features through both individual contributor projects or as a member of project teams
- Working on complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures, resulting in the development of refined equipment, materials, processes, products, and/or scientific methods
- Providing problem identification and solution support from concept stage of new product development to production manufacturing
- Conducting or supporting engineering tests to validate design intent and variability, as well as supporting project engineering evaluation tests and equipment
- Interfacing with internal and external contacts to communicate and evaluate technical information as it relates to the area of specialization
- 6+ years experience in the mechanical design and development of high volume consumer electronics products: electronic packaging, PCB Transfer, PCB Layout, etc.
- Must have ODM (Original Design Manufacturer) experience
- Proficiency in 3D CAD ; Unigraphics NX is preferred
- Experience working with metal forming, plastic part design for injection molding, and Design For Manufacturing/Assembly (DFM/A)
- Experience with sound engineering principles: technical depth in the areas of structural mechanics, vibration, and thermal design
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.