Contract position: An Engineering Technician is needed for a leader in power and automation technologies in the New Berlin, WI area. This role will coordinate and participate in lab activities to ensure compliance with test specifications and generally accepted standards and provide support for development efforts while ensuring protection of the test environment. No per diem available. No travel required. The listed rates are estimates, please provide an hourly pay rate that you would prefer.Responsibilities for the Technician
Requirements for the Technician
- Monitor lab safety policies and procedures including lab safety improvements, annual safety audits, maintain MSDS, Job Safety Analysis reports, and accident reports.
- Maintain departmental housekeeping standards. Help Monitor and maintain instrument calibration and records (both electrical and dimensional).
- Troubleshoot and repair electronic and electrical circuits from schematic drawings under the supervision of Design Engineers or a Senior Test Engineer.
- Associate's degree in an engineering field with at least 5 years of experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of standard engineering theories, concepts, principles and techniques.
- Basic knowledge of drive and inverter operation. Proficiency in using lab test equipment, especially oscilloscopes, multi-meters, function generators, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.