Permanent position: A Process Engineer is needed for an exciting opportunity at a leading chemical manufacturer in the Texas City, Texas area. The ideal candidate will have their Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering and 5+ years of process engineering experience at a chemical manufacturing plant. Continuous unit experience with an emphasis in distillation is preferred. Apply now for immediate consideration!Responsibilities for the Process Engineer
Requirements for the Process Engineer
- Working with the Production Manager and other department staff to establish departmental goals and objections for the site's production areas
- Reviewing the daily operation of the production areas and performs process troubleshooting to maintain capacity operation as required
- Identifying and implementing project for cost saving and long-term resolution of operational problems
- Performing process optimization to maximize quality and minimize operating costs
- Working with process operators, engineers, supervisors, specialists, and other site personnel to develop, implement, and improve unit operations within the plant
- Coordinating and participating on quality and process improvement teams and serving as the Area Representative for projects and tests to be done in the process area
- Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering
- 5+ years process engineering experience in a chemical manufacturing plant
- Prior continuous unit experience with an emphasis in distillation is preferred
- Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing experience is a plus!
- Excellent benefits package
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.